Saturday, December 3, 2011

23 Weeks

The fruit this week is a papaya.  Apparently, those are out of season because I couldn't find one.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: Twenty-three weeks

Size of baby: Baby M is 11.5 inches long and weighs 1 pound and 2 ounces.

Movement: Baby M kicks and wiggles at fairly predictable times of the day, now. I can feel a few thumps in the morning when I wake up, but not much. Baby M is most active between 10 and 2--thump-thump-kick-wiggle-squirm.  Night time has also gotten to be pretty active.  Gannon and Austyn have even been able to feel the kicks and punches.
Heartbeat: 144

Fetal Development:

"With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb."
 --babycenter.com
"She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!), and her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out.  She's also listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking."
-thebump.com


I know these aren't the clearest pictures, but here are two of my favorites from Baby M's photo shoot on Thursday.  The first is a shot of the face.....


...which took us forever to get because our little peanut was being so bashful the whole dang time!  That little hand stayed right there for the majority of the ultrasound.  But isn't it a sweet little hand?  ;)





Cravings: Still a junk-food-junkie!


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4 pounds
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing mostly regular clothes, although I have no clue how. I have two pairs of maternity jeans--one, I hate..and the other falls off. I am mostly wearing regular shirts that are longer in length--that way they are long enough to cover this belly!
**I am carrying this baby high, which may be the reason I can still button my regular jeans. Apparently, Austyn was low...I could no longer force the button on my jeans together for her pregnancy at only nine weeks!

Gender: We are not going to find out!  Bryan decided two days before the ultrasound that he wanted to go ahead and find out, but I stood firm!  When it was time for the tech to look in that area, we both turned away.  He said that was probably the hardest thing he has ever done, haha!  I am very proud of us, though :)
Gut feeling: My "boy feeling" is stronger than ever (and, no, I really didn't peak!), but Bryan is standing firm with girl.


Sleep: Sleep has actually gotten better...for the moment :)

What I miss: Nothing really... I am falling into the "I love everything about my pregnancy" stage :)


Symptoms:
-Morning sickness is still here, but she only visits in the morning. I know better than to try to eat breakfast...I just make up for it the rest of the day!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
-Allergies! Ick! It is pretty much confined to a nagging cough now, so that's good!
Leg cramps! Yuck :(

-Back/hip pain! This has actually gotten much better since I have been seeing the chiropractor. It isn't gone...but it is much better! My last appointment went great, and I am even able to stretch out my visits from two to three weeks!

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet!  Putting on my socks and shoes has become a real chore, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...