Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fifteen Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: Fifteen weeks!

Size of baby: Baby M is about 4 inches long, or about the size of an apple.
Movement: Nope, still nothing.

Heartbeat: 150

Fetal Development:
“Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby’s legs now out-measure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can’t feel the movements.  She might even be hiccuping in there.”
-thebump.com

“She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds." -babycenter.com

Total Weight Gain/Loss: -4

Maternity Clothes: I am wearing some maternity jeans and shorts and some regular (some with the BellaBand and some without). A few of my regular tops are still fitting, but most have been packed away. All of my maternity tops are still too big, so don't judge me if I am wearing the same shirt every time you see me ;) I am also wearing a lot of dresses.

I found this really great tutorial online for making your own maternity clothes.  I can't wait to try it!  I have got several pairs of jeans that just haven't fit right since I had Gannon, and this (if it works) will be so much cheaper than buying maternity clothes.

Gender: We are not going to find out! I am so excited about this! Although this is going to make for a long pregnancy, I get more excited about this every day.
Gut feeling:  Well, I did feel like it was a boy.  Until I had that dream last week.  I know I have been dreaming about girls throughout this pregnancy (and all throughout Gannon's as well), but it was just. so. vivid!  I can't get it out of my head.  Don't mistake me, I don't have a "girl vibe" now, it's just that my boy vibe isn't as strong.  However, I like to refer to the baby by its name, so I flip-flop back and forth from the girl name to the boy name.  The boy name "feels" right.

Breaking out the Old Wives Tales: 

-The Drano Test yielded a brown result.  This was accurate for both Gannon, Austyn, and several other friends.
***Don't worry...I did this outside, poured it in, and ran.  I was exposed to no fumes ;)
    Sleep: I am not sleeping so well anymore.  It's not because I am uncomfortable or anything; I think it is because my dreams are so vivid.  I am always dreaming about birth and babies, and they often wake me up.  Once I am up, I have to run to the bathroom, and then I can't fall back asleep.  It's a vicious cycle, ha.

    What I miss:  Having a beer on the back porch while the kids play and Bryan grills.  I guess lemonade will suffice :)



    Cravings: Junk, junk, and more junk.  Home cooking is just not appealing at all.  I want pickles, hot pockets, fast food, candy, and chips.  All the time.  Every once in a while, Peanut wants fresh fruits and veggies, but it is rare. 

    Aversions: Still nothing specific. I guess maybe I am in the clear? I probably just jinxed myself!

    Symptoms:
    -I still can't eat breakfast, because I am too sick in the morning. But it is pretty much limited to the mornings, now! Yay!
    -Back/hip pain!  Ouch!  My hips are killing me. I know they have already begun to shift, and they must just be in an awkward position right now.  Man, oh, man...I need to get to a chiropractor.
    -Clumsy!!  Boy, am I clumsy!  I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach.  Sheesh!  I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy.  I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery.  This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.

    1 comment:

    1. I had really vivid dreams when I was pregnant too! Nothing like my regular dreams...

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...