Friday, October 28, 2011

18, 18, 18!

I went to the doctor for a check-up this week and everything looks perfect!  We should get to see our littlest munchkin on camera at my next appointment (for growth and development measurements and such...not a gender reveal), which will be December 1.  I will be 23 weeks at that time.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  Eighteen weeks (almost halfway there)!

Size of baby: Baby M is just over 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper or sweet potato) and weighs almost 7 ounces.
Movement: Thump, thump, kick, wiggle!  All. Day. Long!  I think it might be because I am still pretending to fit into non-maternity jeans, ha!  Too bad Bryan hasn't felt anything, yet, because all is quiet at night :/

Heartbeat: 152

Fetal Development:

"She's about 5.6 inches long and about 6.7 ounces now and she keeps on growing rapidly (That's why you're probably feeling so hungry).  Can you believe she's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing?  And she's twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too -- and she's big enough that you might be able to feel her doing it!" -thebump.com

“Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."
-babycenter.com

Total Weight Gain/Loss: -1.... Moving on up :)
MaternityClothes: I am wearing some maternity jeans and shorts and some regular (some with the BellaBand and some without). A few of my regular tops are still fitting, but most have been packed away. All of my maternity tops are still too big, so don't judge me if I am wearing the same shirt every time you see me ;) I am also wearing a lot of dresses.

Gender: We are not going to find out! 
Gut feeling: I really do still feel like it is a boy.  But others disagree:

Bryan says, "That baby's a girl!"

Gannon says, "Oh, it has to be a boy! I don't need another girl!!"

Austyn says, "A boy? YUCK! Mia Kathryn is a GIRL!"

What do you think?
Sleep: Um, let's not even go there!  Ha!  I am up most mornings around three.  Sometimes I manage to doze on and off until five or six, but not usually.  I don't know why, though.  I am not uncomfortable, at all!  Just. can't. sleep!

What I miss: Sleep!!


Cravings: While I am still craving junk, junk, and more junk, home cooking is tasting better.  Bryan made gumbo for the first time this season, and YUM!  I love gumbo!  I also love chocolate covered granola bars, chocolate milk, donuts, Cheetos, pickles, and Popsicles!  I have to face it...I am a junk-Food-Junkie this pregnancy!

Aversions: I cannot stand the smell of meat cooking, but I have no problem eating it.  Does this count as an aversion?
Symptoms:
-I still can't eat breakfast, because I am too sick in the morning. But it is pretty much limited to the mornings, now! Yay!
-Back/hip pain! Ouch! My hips are killing me. I know they have already begun to shift, and they must just be in an awkward position right now. Man, oh, man...I need to get to a chiropractor.
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
-Allergies! Ick! sneezing, coughing, runny and stuffy nose, sore throat...Yep, pretty much the works.

PS-- Gannon and Austyn's Halloween party is today....  Stay tuned for pictures from the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...