Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's in a Name?

Okay, so although our names are not a secret, they haven't been officially announced, either.  I know it is still early, but we are both very sure about the names we have chosen for our tiniest little heart.

For a boy, we have chosen Parker Duffy Manuel.
While it is obvious where Duffy comes from, let me explain why we have chosen Parker. 
About a year ago, Gannon started to ask for a little brother.  He wanted to be able to teach him how to play baseball, shoot a BB gun, go fishing, and "toot really stinky ones".  "Little sisters," he said, "are not good at that stuff."  I asked him what his brother's name would be, and he said Parker.  He has been very adamant about it ever since.  I told him if he ever actually got a little brother, then I would probably indulge him with Parker.  Bryan and I both love the name, and I absolutely love that Gannon chose it!
Now, as most of you know, he loves Spiderman, and I know that's where he got the name--Peter Parker.  But hey, at least he doesn't want to name his brother Spidey!!

"The name Parker comes from the English origin. In English, originally a surname, the meaning of the name Parker is: Keeper of the forest; forest ranger." -babyhold.com


***I am still somewhat hoping Bryan changes his mind and let's me use Duffy for a first name.  I really like Duffy Layne Manuel.  What do you think?


All of you know how much Bryan panicked when we found out we were having a girl...
Originally, he said he wanted was two boys, because he wants Gannon to have what he and his brother, Jeremy, have together.  He said if he got his two boys, he was done, but if we had a girl, he would try again for another boy.  When we found out we were expecting Baby Two, I prayed, and prayed, and prayed.  I prayed that if we were really only meant to have two children--that if financially and emotionally that was all we could handle--then this baby would be a boy.  Well, as you know, my princess is very much a girl!  His response to that-- "We can't have another one because it will be another girl!  I can't have two girls!!"
Well, given how all this played out, I figured girl names would be off-limits until we were in the hospital with a no-name baby girl.  To my surprise, he chose a girl name the day after we found out we were expecting! 

I already knew that my next little girl's middle name would either be Kathryn or Kate.  Of course, Bryan shot down every. single. one. of my suggestions for a first name, including Landry, which I absolutely adore.  He suggested Mia, and I fell in love!  So if we welcome another princess, her name will be Mia Kathryn Manuel.

Of course, If he gives in and let's me have Landry Kate, I'll simply be over the moon!



"The name Mia comes from the Italian origin. In Italian The meaning of the name Mia is: My. Also a variant of Maria: Wished for child; rebellion." -babyhold.com

"The name Kathryn comes from the Irish origin. In Irish The meaning of the name Kathryn is: Variant of Katherine: Pure. Clear. Innocent. From the Gaelic form Caitlin." -babyhold.com

So now we just sit back and wait...and what a long wait it is going to be ;)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...