Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick-or-Treat 2011

This is our first Halloween in our new house.  We just missed it last year (we moved in November 19).  We had heard that our neighborhood really gets in to Halloween for all the kids.  We even heard that other neighborhoods come here to celebrate.  As Halloween approached, our anticipation grew.  Almost every house out out great decorations, and we just knew the hype had to be true.  On Halloween, the decorations grew... Some people were bringing out haunted house decorations for their driveways and garages, while others were bringing out barbecue pits and tables to celebrate.  I am not sure who was more excited: the kids, or me!!

When I picked the kids up from school, they were begging for some of the candy we bought for the trick-or-treaters.  I told them they could each have one piece when we got home.  They were so excited!

 
She said, "Mommy!  This was my favorite candy when I was a little girl!"
Turkey :)

Cheeseball!

After we painted our pumpkins, Gannon wanted to put them on the front porch.  Immediately.  He didn't understand, or didn't care, that they were wet and we could not move them, yet.  Here is his face when he got home from school and realized that I had moved them to the porch for him.




I tried to get some pictures of them actually trick-or treating, but they were too fast, and it was just too dark.  So these indoor shots of my little super heroes will have to suffice.

INTRODUCING:

The wonderful, the magnificent, the brave, and the super cute:

Super-Austyn and Super-Gannon!!!

"Super-Girl, to the rescue!!"
We heard this chant all. night. long!  And it never got old!


And here is Gannon "getting told".  I don't remember exactly what was said, but this face sure does tell you what Miss Austyn thought about it!


Here are the only outdoor shots I got.  The next-door-neighbors had this cute little set-up in their driveway, and Gannon ran over there before I even got the stroller out of the garage, ha!


And here, Super-Girl is off to rescue Mrs. Cynthia and "Mr. Jimmy-Jim", as she calls him, ha!

I know, I know...Terrible.  That's why I put the camera away.



I excitedly told Bryan that Mrs. Cynthia bought the kids Nightmare on Elm St for Halloween. 

His response:  "Um, don't you think that is a tad inappropriate?!"

I told him no.  I mean isn't it clay-mation, or cartoon-ish, or something like that??

Again, his response:  "Um, no.  It's Freddy Krueger!"

Me:  Ooops.  Well, then I got the title wrong.

She bought them Nightmare Before Christmas.  :)

Okay, so maybe that's not hilarious, but we sure got a good laugh!


After a long night of Trick-or-Treating, we arrived back home to show off our loot.  And boy, did we have some!!



Then, we got into our jammies and handed out candy to the kids who were still out Trick-or-Treating.  I think they had almost as much fun handing out the candy as they did knocking on doors for it!

My silly skeletons!

Happy Halloween from our family to yours!  We hope you had as much fun as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...