Friday, November 4, 2011

19 Weeks--I'm Calling Halfway!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  Nineteen weeks--I am going to call halfway here, since neither of my first pregnancies went to forty weeks (Gannon was 38, and Austyn was 36).

Size of baby: Baby M is about 6 inches long (about the size of a mango or a large heirloom tomato) and weighs in at about 8.5 ounces.
** babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom) until about 20 weeks. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against his torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.
Movement: Thump, thump, kick, wiggle! All. Day. Long! I think it might be because I am still pretending to fit into non-maternity jeans, ha! 

October 31--Halloween--18wks 3 days--Bryan felt the baby move!  Yippee!  I was so excited about this, and to my surprise, I think he was too!

Heartbeat: 152

Fetal Development:

"She is developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth.  She is also working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain." -thebump.com


 
"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid." -babycenter.com


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0!! Yay, I finally broke even:)
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing mostly regular clothes.  Maternity clothes are still to big, so I am just making do for now.  I do have two pairs of maternity jeans that I wear on occasion, but that's it.

Gender: We are not going to find out!
Gut feeling: I really do still feel like it is a boy. But others disagree:

Bryan says, "That baby's a girl!"

While Austyn still wants a girl, and Gannon still wants a boy, we have had the conversation many times about what might happen if Mia turns out to be Parker, or if Parker turns out to be Mia.  They have both agreed they will love their new baby no matter what.  Cross your fingers with me that this still rings true in March ;)
Sleep: Sleep has been awful this week.  I have a terrible cold, and it keeps me up during the night. 

What I miss: Sleep!!
Cravings: The junkie cravings are not really going away, but they are losing out more to better foods.  I made my first broccoli bread the other day (thanks, Rachelle!), and it was delish!!  My cravings have gotten sweeter lately, but maybe it is just because Halloween candy is ev.ery.where!
Aversions: I cannot stand the smell of meat cooking, but I have no problem eating it. Does this count as an aversion?
Symptoms:
-I still can't eat breakfast, because I am too sick in the morning. But it is pretty much limited to the mornings, now! Yay!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
-Allergies! Ick! sneezing, coughing, runny and stuffy nose, sore throat...Yep, pretty much the works.
--Well, the allergies have turned into a full-blown cold, yuck!
-Back/hip pain! Ouch! My hips are killing me. The pain is especially bad in my left hip, and even shoots down my leg at times.  My left leg is also weak most of the time.  Update: I have found a chiropractor here (thank goodness!), and he is great.  I saw him for the first time on Tuesday, and I will go back again Friday.  And!!  I even got Bryan to come with me!!!  The Doc said he has a lot of work to do there, ha!  Hopefully, he will start feeling better, now, and get more active again.  I know how much he hates being down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...