Sunday, November 20, 2011


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: Twenty-one weeks

Size of baby: Baby M is 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrotand weighs in at 12.7 ounces (about 3/4 of a pound!).

Movement: Baby M kicks and wiggles at fairly predictable times of the day, now.  I can feel a few thumps in the morning when I wake up, but not much.  Baby M is most active between 10 and 2--thump-thump-kick-wiggle-squirm.  I can also feel little kicks when I lay down to go to bed, but not much.
-At some point in the near future, I am supposed to start doing "kick counts".  I should be able to feel Baby M move at least ten times during any given hour.

-Baby M isn't nearly as active as Gannon was.   I never had to count kicks with him.  He moved constantly.  I would reach ten within the first 10-15 minutes any time I stopped to count.

-Austyn, on the other hand, was super laid back.  She moved so little that towards the pregnancy, she started to worry Mommy and the doctors.  She even had to be observed a few times.
-This little Peanut seems to be taking more after big sister than big brother in this department.
 

Heartbeat: 156

Fetal Development:





Okay, so you may notice that this is out of order...I had to move it here to preface the weight gain ;)
Cravings: So, here is where I start gaining weight!  Cravings are hitting at full-force.  This week, I want cold and sweet all. the. time!  Juice, Popsicles, ice cream, ice cream bars, etc....For work, I bought a box of Moo Bars, a box of Crunch Bars, and a box of Juice bars...I am averaging 3-4 bars/day.  Eeeek!  A craving for sopapilla cheesecake hit the other night, and I had to bake one of those, too!
-Which reminds me-- When I was pregnant for Gannon, I craved green Popsicles--you know, the Blue Bell Bullets (I think?).  I had forgotten all about that craving until it hit me Monday at school.  I NEED A GREEN POPSICLE!!  Ha!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +3

MaternityClothes: I am still wearing mostly regular clothes, although I have no clue how.  Maternity clothes are still to big, so I am just making do for now. I do have two pairs of maternity jeans that I wear on occasion, but that's it. 
 

Gender: We are not going to find out!
Gut feeling: I really do still feel like it is a boy. But others disagree:

Bryan says, "That baby's a girl!"

So you may remember the talk we had with both the kiddos about how they may not get the baby they "want", but we will love our new baby no matter what.  At this point, Gannon wanted a boy, and Austyn wanted a girl.
Well now, Austyn will only refer to her baby as Parker.  Mia has been forgotten.  Now, we are having to have that talk with her again, only backwards...."If Parker happens to be a Mia, we will still love her."  To which she responds, "NO!  My baby is PARKER.  Not Mia.  My Parker-Baby!"
Sheesh....



Sleep: Sleep has actually gotten better...for the moment :)
 


 
What I miss:  Nothing really... I am falling into the "I love everything about my pregnancy" stage :)


Aversions: None...I think I may delete this section.


Symptoms:
-Morning sickness is still here, but she only visits in the morning.  I know better than to try to eat breakfast...I just make up for it the rest of the day!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!

-Allergies!  Ick!  It is pretty much confined to a nagging cough now, so that's good!



Leg cramps! Yuck :(



-Back/hip pain!  This has actually gotten much better since I have been seeing the chiropractor.  It isn't gone...but it is much better!  My next appointment isn't for another week, so no new updates for now.





"Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well."
-babycenter.com

"As her digestive system preps for the outside world, she's manufacturing meconium -- the tarry black substance you'll find in her first dirty diaper (ew)!  If it's a girl, she's already got a lifetime's supply of eggs in her womb -- about six million of them!  -thebump.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...