Saturday, November 26, 2011

22 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: Twenty-two weeks

Size of baby: Baby M is 11 inches inches long and weighs in right at a pound-- the size of a spaghetti squash.

Movement: Baby M kicks and wiggles at fairly predictable times of the day, now. I can feel a few thumps in the morning when I wake up, but not much. Baby M is most active between 10 and 2--thump-thump-kick-wiggle-squirm. I can also feel little kicks when I lay down to go to bed, but not much.
-At some point in the near future, I am supposed to start doing "kick counts". I should be able to feel Baby M move at least ten times during any given hour.


-Baby M isn't nearly as active as Gannon was. I never had to count kicks with him. He moved constantly. I would reach ten within the first 10-15 minutes any time I stopped to count.


-Austyn, on the other hand, was super laid back. She moved so little that towards the pregnancy, she started to worry Mommy and the doctors. She even had to be observed a few times.
-This little Peanut seems to be taking more after big sister than big brother in this department.

Heartbeat: 168--woah!  Jumped back up this week!

Fetal Development:

"At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and right at 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily." -babycenter.com

"Now that he's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn.  He's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!)." -thebump.com



Cravings: Crazy cravings!  I eat all.the.time!  And it is still just about all junk.  Ice cream, Oreos, chips... I have been eating strawberries, but I dipped them in chocolate first ;)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4 pounds
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing mostly regular clothes, although I have no clue how.  I have two pairs of maternity jeans--one, I hate..and the other falls off.  I am mostly wearing regular shirts that are longer in length--that way they are long enough to cover this belly!
**I am carrying this baby high, which may be the reason I can still button my regular jeans.  Apparently, Austyn was low...I could no longer force the button on my jeans together for her pregnancy at only nine weeks!

Gender: We are not going to find out!
Gut feeling: I really do still feel like it is a boy. But others disagree:

Bryan says, "That baby's a girl!"

Austyn cracks me up when she talks about this baby.  A few days ago, she informed me that there were two babies in my belly.  Their names are Mia and Molly.
--I don't know where she comes up with this stuff!

So, the story goes that when you are pregnant, you can determine the baby's sex by holding another baby:
-if the two babies are opposite sexes, they are supposed to be at peace with each other.
-if they are the same sex, your baby is supposed to "fight" with the baby you are holding.

Well, at Gannon's birthday party, I held two precious little angels, both boys.  I never felt even a single movement the whole time!  Hmmmmm...??

Sleep: Sleep has actually gotten better...for the moment :)

What I miss: Nothing really... I am falling into the "I love everything about my pregnancy" stage :)


Symptoms:
-Morning sickness is still here, but she only visits in the morning. I know better than to try to eat breakfast...I just make up for it the rest of the day!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
-Allergies! Ick! It is pretty much confined to a nagging cough now, so that's good!

Leg cramps! Yuck :(

-Back/hip pain! This has actually gotten much better since I have been seeing the chiropractor. It isn't gone...but it is much better! My last appointment went great, and I am even able to stretch out my visits from two to three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...