Sunday, November 13, 2011

20 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:  Twenty weeks--I am definitely turning into a roly poly!  I have to rock back and forth or roll to get off the couch, ha!

Size of baby: Baby M is 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana — and weighs in at about 10.5 ounces.
** babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom) until about 20 weeks. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against his torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.
Movement: Thump, thump, kick, wiggle! All. Day. Long! I think it might be because I am still pretending to fit into non-maternity jeans, ha!

I can even feel kicking when I lay down at night, now.  This peanut is not nearly as active as my little G-Man was, but it definitely let's me know that it's there!

Heartbeat: 156

Fetal Development:


"She's got working taste buds, and she's gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day -- that's significantly more than before."
-thebump.com



"He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery)."
-babycenter.com


Total Weight Gain/Loss: -0-
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing mostly regular clothes. Maternity clothes are still to big, so I am just making do for now. I do have two pairs of maternity jeans that I wear on occasion, but that's it.

Gender: We are not going to find out!
Gut feeling: I really do still feel like it is a boy. But others disagree:

Bryan says, "That baby's a girl!"

Sleep: Sleep has actually gotten better...for the moment :) 

What I miss:  Being able to get off the couch like a normal person, ha!
Cravings: There is still nothing specific like there was with the first two.  I mean, I will get a craving now and then, and when I do--I must have that food PRONTO!-- but it isn't like with the first two pregnancies.  They each held true to a specific craving throughout the entire pregnancy: 
Gannon = steaks
Austyn = chocolate chip cookies
Aversions: I cannot stand the smell of meat cooking, but I have no problem eating it. Does this count as an aversion?
Symptoms:
-I still can't eat breakfast, because I am too sick in the morning. But it is pretty much limited to the mornings, now! Yay!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
-Allergies! Ick! sneezing, coughing, runny and stuffy nose, sore throat...Yep, pretty much the works.
--Well, the allergies have turned into a full-blown cold, yuck!

Leg cramps!  Yuck :(

-Back/hip pain! Ouch! My hips are killing me. The pain is especially bad in my left hip, and even shoots down my leg at times. My left leg is also weak most of the time. Update: Bryan and I are really loving our chiropractor!  I have scaled back to two week visits, and if all goes well at the next one, we will cut to once a month.  Bryan has also scaled back, but to weekly visits.


Speaking of the chiropractor, I a blog I read regularly, The Poop Whisperer, posted not too long ago about the benefits of bringing your babies to the chiropractor, specifically, ear babies.  Now, I know my babies are not ear babies, and never have been, but it still sparked my interest.  I have been searching for articles on these benefits, and what all chiropractors are able to do for children.  I have also been talking to friends who I know take their children.  I have come to the conclusion, that chiropractors are just plain amazing!  There are so many things they can help with from ear infections, to teething and drooling, to bed wetting!

Well, I don't if you are aware, but Gannon will be five in nine days (wait is that right??  NINE days??), and he still wears a pull-up at night.  Now, I know this is totally normal, and I should not worry, which I am not.  But, if I can help him with something this easy, hey, why not??
So I talked to the chiropractor about it, and he was very happy to help us.  He said he would need to see him about three times before we would notice any results, and that he wouldn't charge us anything for Gannon's treatments! 

So Gannon was scheduled to come to my next appointment with me, which was Wednesday.  Well, wouldn't you know, that from the time I talked with the chiro about him and the day of the appointment, he woke up dry!  Every. Single. Day!  Way to go, Gannon!!  So we are going to play the next couple of weeks by ear and see how he does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...