Friday, January 6, 2012

We have made it to the third trimester!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Twenty-eight weeks!
This marks the start of my third trimester!  Oh, my gosh...How are we already here??
Only 74 more days (hopefully) until we meet Baby M.  Okay, so it is actually 84 until my actual due date, but I am really, really hoping for 74 days from now :) 
 
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs between two and two-and-a-half pounds, and is about 14.8 inches long.
Fetal Development:
"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world." -babycenter.com
"Baby's now the size of an eggplant!  Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit."
-thebump.com
Movement: Baby M kicks and wiggles more and more everyday. Those rolls and squirms are even waking me at night sometimes. I absolutely love it!
Heartbeat: 160
Gender: We don't know!

Gut feeling: Nothing has changed here for anyone. The kids and I are saying boy, and Bryan says girl.

Cravings: White gravy!! I want chicken strips or chicken fried steak and white gravy all. the. time! And, pizza rolls!! I know, yuck...but YUM!! haha
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +11 pounds
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans, finally!

Sleep: Sleep has actually gotten better...for the moment :)
What I miss: Honestly, I am really, really sad that I can't soak in a really hot bubble bath!
Symptoms:
-Morning sickness is still here, but she only visits in the morning. I know better than to try to eat breakfast...I just make up for it the rest of the day!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck!  These have really been inensifying lately.

-Back/hip pain! This has actually gotten much better since I have been seeing the chiropractor. It isn't gone...but it is much better! I have stretched my appointments out to four weeks, now.

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become a real chore, ha!

Braxton Hicks Contractions:  I never really had these with the first two, but I have them all the time with this one. 
Indigestion! I didn't experience this with the first two--actually, I have never experienced this, so it's new for me. It's nasty. It leaves me nauseated at night when I am trying to fall asleep. It leaves me starving and nauseated at the same time. Weirdest. Feeling. Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...