Friday, January 20, 2012

3-0

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Thirty weeks!
And, because it is January 20, that means exactly two months until we hope to welcome Baby M!
In sixty days, we will have three children!  Eeek!


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +13 pounds 
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs about three pounds, and is around 15.7 inches long.

Fetal Development:
"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face (normal adult vision is 20/20)." -babycenter.com
"His skin is getting smoother, but his brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.  He's now strong enough to grasp a finger!." -thebump.com
Movement: Baby M wiggles, rolls, and squirms more than kicks, and it still amazes me every time. It is such a miracle!
I have been doing kick counts, and they are going very well.  I have never had to lay for the full thirty minutes...I can usually count 4-6 movements within ten minutes :)
Heartbeat: 147
Gender: We don't know!

Cravings: Anything and everything.  I am just hungry all the time!
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans, finally!

Sleep: I haven't been sleeping much lately.  Three nights this week, I woke up between 2-3 and never could fall back asleep.  It is making for some long days. 
What I miss:  Sleep!
Symptoms:
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck! 

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become a real chore, ha!

Braxton Hicks Contractions: I never really had these with the first two, but I have them all the time with this one.
Indigestion! All. Day. Long!   I keep Tums with me all the time...sometimes it helps, but usually, it doesn't.

Shortness of breath-- Because Baby M is so high, I always feel out of breath.  I find it hard to catch my breath, and I can never inhale quite enough.  I am ready for Peanut to drop so I can breathe again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...