Friday, January 27, 2012

31 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Thirty-one weeks!
I had a routine check-up yesterday, and everything was perfect.
My uterus is measuring 33 weeks instead of 31, which the doc says is just fine.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +15 pounds
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs just over three pounds, and is over 16 inches long.

Fetal Development:
"This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy." -babycenter.com
"He's about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds this month. He's getting so big, he's probably crowding your lungs.  He's going through major brain and nerve development.  Eye development, too--His irises now react to light!  All five of his senses are in working order." -thebump.com

Movement: Baby M wiggles, rolls, and squirms more than kicks, and it still amazes me every time. It is such a miracle!
Heartbeat: 140
Gender: We don't know!


Cravings: Anything and everything. I am just hungry all the time!
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans.


Sleep: I haven't been sleeping much lately.  I don't think the alarm woke me up once this week.  Between reflux (YUCK), cramps in my legs, and needing the bathroom, it's hard to sleep.
What I miss: Sleep!

Symptoms:
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh!
Leg and foot cramps! All. Night. Long. 

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become a real chore nearly impossible, ha!

Braxton Hicks Contractions:  All the time! 
Indigestion and reflux! All. Day. Long! I keep Tums with me all the time...sometimes it helps, but usually, it doesn't.

Shortness of breath-- Because Baby M is so high, I always feel out of breath. I find it hard to catch my breath, and I can never inhale quite enough. I am ready for Peanut to drop so I can breathe again :)

**UPDATE**
Because this is the week we celebrated Baby M, I am going to add a couple of photos to this entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...