Friday, January 13, 2012

29 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Twenty-nine weeks!
Oh. my. word! 
Ten weeks! 
67 days!
That's all that's left of this pregnancy!  I know I have said it before, but I can't believe how fast this is flying.  Gannon and Austyn are very excited, and they talk about their new baby all the time.  They are always asking if it is March, yet so the baby can come out.

I forgot to blog this earlier, but a couple of weeks ago, someone at day care asked them if their mommy was going to have a baby.
Gannon said, "No, WE are going to have a baby!"
I was so proud of him.  Bryan and I have never put it in that context to him, so the fact that he, on his own, has completely internalized this, just amazes me. 
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs between two-and-a-half and three pounds, and is just over 15 inches long.
Fetal Development:
"Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.." -babycenter.com
"Baby already measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long. Right now, we weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds but he's still got a ways to go -- can you believe he'll triple in weight before birth?
He's getting a little cramped in there, since he's growing so fast. But you probably already realize that, since you're getting all those jabs and kicks.  He's growing white fat deposits under his skin, and his energy is surging because of it. 
Feel a subtle twitch? It might be baby hiccupping." -thebump.com
Movement: Baby M wiggles, rolls, and squirms more than kicks, and it still amazes me every time.  It is such a miracle!
At this point, I have to start doing kick counts.  This means I have to lay on my side for thirty minutes (3-4 times per day) and monitor movements.  I should be feeling 4-6 movements in that thirty minute time period.  If there aren't 4-6 movements, I have to roll to my other side and try again.
*When I was pregnant with Austyn, she did not cooperate with this at all.  She liked to scare us.  Around 33-34 weeks, she stopped moving, almost completely.  We went to the ER to have her checked more than once, and they couldn't even get her to move (although her heartbeat was very strong).  They did ultrasounds and discovered that my fluid levels were a little low, and that's what was causing her lack of movement.
Heartbeat: 135
Gender: We don't know!

Gut feeling: Gannon and I are saying boy, and Bryan  and Austyn say girl.

Cravings: White gravy!! I want chicken strips or chicken fried steak and white gravy all. the. time! And, pizza rolls!! I know, yuck...but YUM!! haha
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +11 pounds
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans, finally!

Sleep: Sleep has actually gotten better...for the moment :)
What I miss: Honestly, I am really, really sad that I can't soak in a really hot bubble bath!
Symptoms:
-Morning sickness is still here, but she only visits in the morning. I know better than to try to eat breakfast...I just make up for it the rest of the day!
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
-Vivid dreams! I know I have talked about these before, so I won't go into detail about all of them, just let me tell you...Wooo-eeee, there have been some doozies! Ha!
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck! These have really been intensifying lately.

-Back/hip pain! This has actually gotten much better since I have been seeing the chiropractor. It isn't gone...but it is much better! I have stretched my appointments out to four weeks, now.

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become a real chore, ha!

Braxton Hicks Contractions: I never really had these with the first two, but I have them all the time with this one.
Indigestion!  All. Day. Long!  I didn't experience this with the first two--actually, I have never experienced this, so it's new for me. It's nasty. It leaves me nauseated at night when I am trying to fall asleep. It leaves me starving and nauseated at the same time. Weirdest. Feeling. Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...