Monday, January 30, 2012

Celebrating Baby M

We had a very busy and exciting weekend.  We traveled to Lake Charles to celebrate our sweet Baby M.  I can't express enough how thankful I am for the love and support we have been given by our family and friends.  It means so much to Bryan and me to see how much our little "caboose" is loved, and it isn't even here, yet!


We started the weekend with a diaper party for Baby M.  We have decided to continue to use cloth diapers on Baby M (we have been using them on Austyn for a year), so a traditional diaper party wasn't a good option for us.  There is a local store, eLeMeNO-Pee, that sells cloth diapers and cloth diaper accessories.  I spoke with the owner about doing a cloth diaper party.  She was so excited!  She filled a tub with different types of cloth diapers (yes, there are different types--lots!) in all gender neutral colors and prints, and brought it to the party.  Instead of the guests bringing a package of disposable diapers, they just bought a diaper at the party.  It was so great to give our family the chance to learn about modern cloth, and to see just how easy it really is.  Everyone was impressed and on board with us!

Cloth diapers are no longer associated with diaper pins and "jiffy" pants (or those nasty plastic pants).  Modern cloth is great!  Just look at how cute they are!


The shower was absolutely perfect!  Instead of a traditional guest book, everyone signed a children's book for Baby M.  Everyone left the sweetest messages for Baby M, and I can't wait to share them :)



There were also cards with "Wishes for Baby M" printed on them.  Each guest took a card and filled out different wishes they have for the baby.  I had so much fun reading these!!


We had cupcakes by the fabulous Cupcake Crazy!  They were delish!  And yes, my friends love me so much, they got me two King Cakes, too!!


The cloth diaper representative explained a little bit about modern cloth diapers and how they work.  While she did this, the guests were able to pass around the diapers and then ask questions.  This part was hilarious!


After the Q & A, it was time to shop :)


Here are some of the party guests!


And here is the big sister with the greats!



I am so upset with myself for forgetting to take a picture with my hostesses.  I can't believe I did that!  I don't even have a picture of two of them or of myself.  I know, shame, shame.

After the party, Bryan and I were off to take maternity photos with the ever-so-talented, Ashley Wood.  Seriously, she is ah-maz-ing!!!  Those of you who know Bryan, know how much he hates taking pictures!  And what does he hate more than taking pictures?  Kissing in pictures ;)  I can't say how proud I am that he didn't complain at all.  Not once!  And we shot photos for two hours!  He loves me :)

These are just a few "sneek peaks" from the photo shoot.  Ashley did such a great job!  I love them all, and I can't wait to see the rest!!















I'll be sure to post the rest in a few weeks when they are ready!

While this weekend was great, it was very bittersweet.  We had so much fun with our family and friends, but it is going to be our last trip to Lake Charles until May.  This will by far be the longest we have ever gone without making a trip home.  We have decided that it is best for me not to travel anymore.  Austyn just came so fast, we feel that a four-hour drive (mostly though nowhere with no cell phone service) is just too risky.  I don't want to have this baby on the side of the road!  Ha ;)  We also don't plan to travel with a brand new baby.  We want to wait about a month or so. 

Those of you in Lake Charles, just remember--The road that brings us home will also take you here!  We would love to have visitors over the next couple of months!

I will continue to update everyone here, though, so stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Such great pics and u look great! Cant believe we are so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know! I can hardly believe there are about to be THRREE munchkins in my house!! Eeeek :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...