Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Hearts are Full

We have so much to be thankful for, but I know exactly where to start.  Here:


These three munchkins have filled our hearts with more love than we ever thought possible.  Being a parent is the most difficult, most fun, most emotional, most fulfilling, most special thing I have ever done in my life.  I thank God for them every day, and I am so honored to be their Mommy. 

We spent Thanksgiving at our house again this year.  It's nice to be able to put all the focus on them for this holiday instead of running around like crazy.  I do, however, miss everyone back home. 

This year, the kids made "Thankful Turkeys" and we talked about everything we are thankful for in our lives.  Here is Austyn making (an kissing!) her turkey!
 

Here is a close-up of Austyn's feathers:



Can you believe she is thankful for piggies??  That was the very first thing she said!  I love that she says "The Leeziana."  I think it is too cute to correct ;)

Every night, she includes in her prayers, "And Dear Jesus, please let us move back to The Leeziana!"

Shawnee, you even got your own feather!!  :)

Here is Gannon making his turkey.


And, here are his feathers. 



Our Thankful Turkeys!



On to project number two: Potato Turkeys!  I saw this idea on Pinterest done with apples, then we did it with our kindergartners last week.  They turned out so cute, I had to let my munchkins try them!

They weren't really sure about the project at first...they just wanted to eat all the decorations!  They got into it pretty quickly, though.




 

Ta-daaa!!



This morning, we had a fun Thanksgiving celebration!  Have you ever seen A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving?  Well, if you haven't, you should!  I have loved all the Charlie Brown movies since I can remember!  I have always wanted to have a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving feast, too.  So, that is just what we did!  I can't give up the real feast, so we had this one for breakfast.  The kids loved it!  And so, a new tradition was born :)

buttered toast, popcorn, jelly beans, and pretzels :)

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope your hearts and bellies are full <3 p="p">






Oh, and a side note:

I am also thankful for Bryan.  I couldn't ask for a better husband, best friend, and father to our babies.  But, today, I am thankful that he can fix just about anything!


Our washer went out yesterday.  On Thanksgiving.  I guess that's why you don't do laundry Thanksgiving Day!  The mess is so much bigger, now, and the washer is in even more pieces, but he has found the problem.  Our problem now?  Everyone is closed for the holidays :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...