Friday, March 9, 2012

Full Term!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Thirty-seven weeks--I'm full term!

Progress: 4 cm dilated and 50% effaced-- Last night, I had regular contractions for hours.  They got stronger, but they never got closer than five minutes apart.  So we waited it out, and obviously, it wasn't time, as I have no baby ;) 

We had another ultrasound today, and Baby M is perfect!  The estimated weight is 6 pounds 14 ounces.  A fat little potato!

In this photo, Baby M is sucking on its lower lip and has a hand in its face.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +20 pounds
 
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs 6 pounds 14 ounces.

Fetal Development:
"Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz." -babycenter.com
"Your baby's the size of a watermelon!  Yay! Baby has reached full term. He likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. He's gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.  He's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.  He's getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for his first diaper."

 
Movement: Still moving around, but not nearly as much.  Baby M is running out of room in there!!
Heartbeat: 152
Gender: We don't know!
Gut Feeling: I have NO idea! Bryan still says girl, but the last few weeks, I just don't know. At all. I am just ready to meet this little person that is going to complete our family!

Cravings: Chocolate milk! I still have to have a glass of chocolate  milk every morning, but most of my other cravings have subsided. In fact, my appetite in general is decreasing. I just feel like I have nowhere to put any food!
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans.

Sleep: What's that?
What I miss: Sleep! And being able to put on my own socks and tie my shoes. I have the greatest husband ever to help me out every morning!! :)
Symptoms:

Morning Sickness has returned with quite a vengeance.  It pretty much stinks!

Nesting! I am going crazy trying to finish everything up around here, and while I know we have everything we need for Baby M ready, I can't help but feel like we aren't even close to being ready!
-Clumsy!! Chalk it up to preggo brain!
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck! These are contributing to my sleep issues, since that is mostly when they occur.

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become nearly impossible, ha! Bryan has been so great to help me with my socks in the mornings :)

Indigestion/Reflux! All. Day. Long! I keep Tums with me all the time...sometimes it helps, but usually, it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...