Friday, March 16, 2012

38 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: Thirty-eight weeks
At 6:38pm this afternoon, this will officially be the longest pregnancy yet.
It's funny-- In January, I told Bryan that I thought this would be the longest pregnancy.  That this pregnancy would go all the way to its due date, or maybe even a little later.  He laughed and said that this one would be just like the others.  Well, when I was 3cm and 50% at 35 weeks I thought maybe he was right...not so much.  Turns out, I was right!  Longest pregnancy yet.

Progress:  I don't go to the doctor until Monday, so I don't know if any progress has been made.  At my last visit, I was 4cm and at least 50%.
I am still having sporadic contractions, but they won't come together to do anything.



Total Weight Gain/Loss: +22 pounds
Size of baby:
Baby M  weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long.

Fetal Development:
"Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb." -babycenter.com
"Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!  Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.  She may have about an inch or so of hair already.  She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth." -thebump.com

Movement: Still moving around, but not nearly as much. Baby M is running out of room in there!!
Heartbeat: 152
Gender: We don't know!
Gut Feeling: I have NO idea! Bryan still says girl, but the last few weeks, I just don't know. At all. I am just ready to meet this little person that is going to complete our family!

Cravings: Sweets!  Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, root beer floats...YUM!
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans.

Sleep: What's that?
What I miss: Sleep! And being able to put on my own socks and tie my shoes. I have the greatest husband ever to help me out every morning!! :)
Symptoms:


Nesting! I am going crazy trying to finish everything up around here, and while I know we have everything we need for Baby M ready, I can't help but feel like we aren't even close to being ready!
-Clumsy!! Chalk it up to preggo brain!
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck! These are contributing to my sleep issues, since that is mostly when they occur.

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become nearly impossible, ha! Bryan has been so great to help me with my socks in the mornings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...