Friday, February 24, 2012

The Waiting Game

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Thirty-five weeks!

Progress: 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced--We are officially beginning "The Waiting Game". This means Baby M could join us tomorrow, or in two weeks...
My doc said that she is on call this weekend if I need her, but to please wait until next week to have this baby, haha!

I am having sporadic contractions, but nothing that I can time. I am also having lots of back pain/labor. I think Baby M might be face up like Gannon was. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Friday, so we will find out for sure then. We will also get an estimate of Baby M's actual weight :)

While I don't feel that I look any different, I still can't breathe, and I still feel like Baby M is pretty high in general--I have caught myself waddling more than once over the last few days. I guess Baby M is starting to drop after all!


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +20 pounds
I gained 22 during my pregnancy with Gannon, and 24 with Austyn. It's looking like I am going to do just about the same with Baby M!
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs about five-and-a-half pounds, and is over 18 inches long.

Fetal Development:
"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."
-babycenter.com
"Your baby's the size of a butternut squash! He's about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. From here on out, he won't get much longer, but he's plumping up. He's now about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds, and he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. Now, his hearing is fully developed, and he responds best to high-pitched noises. If it's a boy, his testes have probably fully descended."
-thebump.com

Movement: Roll, squirm, wiggle, punch! Baby M is still a very active baby! Baby M also gets hiccups all. the. time! Seriously! I can feel them at least once every day, and usually, it's two or three times per day!
Heartbeat: 161
Gender: We don't know!
Gut Feeling: I have NO idea! Bryan still says girl, but the last few weeks, I just don't know. At all. I am just ready to meet this little person that is going to complete our family!
Cravings: Chocolate milk! Lately, I just want anything sweet!
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans, finally!

Sleep: Eh. Not terrible. Not great. I have to get up to go to the bathroom at least once every night, and I am having trouble falling back asleep.
What I miss: Sleep! And an ice cold beer. Is that weird? I want one so badly, I can taste it! I am not really a beer drinker, either, but I really want one right now ;)
Symptoms:
Nesting! I am going crazy trying to finish everything up around here, and while I know we have everything we need for Baby M ready, I can't help but feel like we aren't even close to being ready!
-Clumsy!! Chalk it up to preggo brain!
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck! These are contributing to my sleep issues, since that is mostly when they occur.

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become nearly impossible, ha! Bryan has been so great to help me with my socks in the mornings :)

Braxton Hicks Contractions: I am still having these all the time, but I am feeling more and more real ones mixed in there :)
Indigestion/Reflux! All. Day. Long! I keep Tums with me all the time...sometimes it helps, but usually, it doesn't.

Shortness of breath-- Because Baby M is so high, I always feel out of breath. I find it hard to catch my breath, and I can never inhale quite enough. I am ready for Peanut to drop so I can breathe again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...