Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Let's Get Pinning: It's Lent!

Now that Mardi Gras is over, it is time to think about Lent.  I have been brainstorming what I should give up, but I keep coming up empty-handed.  I think I have finally found it, though.  That being said...

It's Wednesday!  Which means it is time for another linky party with Michelle over at The Vintage Apple!



This year, I am not giving anything up for Lent.  Well, actually, that's not entirely true.  This year, I am making a commitment to getting organized.  So I guess you could say that I am giving up clutter and chaos.  Okay, okay--so that is not entirely true either--I know there will always be chaos, especially with three kiddos!  I live for that kind of chaos.  I am talking about the chaos that is a messy house ;)

Pinterest has been most helpful in giving me creative ideas on how to get organized easily.  Those of you who know me know that I am not the best--er, um, uh--okay I am not good at all at keeping organized.  I need all the help I can get.  These are some pins to help me in my Lenten journey.

I have no idea where I would put these (yet), but I just love the idea--They are "crap baskets" with name labels. At the end of the day everyone takes their own crap and puts it away!

Pinned Image

This would be perfect for the metal conversion charts Mom gave me for Christmas!  It would also be a great place for the grocery list and a few other small things.

Pinned Image

This is a cute mail system.  Easy and cheap, too!

Pinned Image

I really want to do this in the hallway.  Now that Austyn has ballet, and Gannon is about to start baseball again-not to mention kindergarten-this is great.  I can write out schedules, homework assignments, doctor's appointments, etc. on the boards, and they have a place for their backpack/dance bag (don't forget diaper bag)!  Plus, it's pretty :)

Pinned Image

This checklist is perfect!  Okay, so most of it doesn't apply to me, but the idea is great.  I have already modified all the chores to fit our household, I just need to figure out how to make it pretty like she did.

Pinned Image

Part of me wants to dedicate a portion of the pantry (if I can find room) to this idea.  Just take 4-5 baskets and fill them with all the ingredients for the meals you have planned for the week.  That way, each night, you just pull out the baskets--looks like a real time saver, not to mention a good way to be sure you actually have everything you need before you start cooking, ha!

Pinned Image

I am just dying to do this!!  I found this on a blog a couple of years ago, and I love it!  It is just expensive.  I am slowly accumulating all the containers to store everything in, and my pantry is looking better and better.  I just can't wait until it is complete!  Oh, and I would love my pantry to have yellow walls, too! 

Pinned Image


If you want to see more, just head on over to Pinterest, and check out my boards!  Do you celebrate Lent?  What are you giving up?  Or doing extra?

See yall next Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Great organization tips! I've found so many great organizing ideas on Pinterest...now I just need to implement them! :)

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and say hello!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...