Friday, February 17, 2012

34 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Thirty-four weeks!
At this point in my pregnancy with Austyn, I knew she would be coming early.  I was already feeling tons of pressure and sporadic contractions.
This time, I have sporadic contractions, but I am feeling almost no pressure. 





Total Weight Gain/Loss: +17 pounds
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs a little almost five pounds, and is almost 18 inches long.

Fetal Development:
"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."
-babycenter.com
"Your baby's the size of a durian!  He weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches.  He's recognizing and reacting to simple songs, if you're singing them (if you're not, start! He may find them soothing after birth).  He's also urinating about a pint a day."
-thebump.com
Okay, so you are probably wondering, "What the heck is a durian??"  So was I.  Here is a picture, although I am still not really sure what it is ;)
Movement: Roll, squirm, wiggle, punch!  Baby M is turning out to be a very active baby!  Baby M also gets hiccups all. the. time! Seriously! I can feel them at least once every day, and usually, it's two or three times per day!
Heartbeat: 150
Gender: We don't know!

Cravings: Chocolate milk!  Lately, I just want anything sweet! 
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans, finally!

Sleep: I am sleeping a little better these days, but not much.  I have to get up to go to the bathroom at least once every night, and I am having trouble falling back asleep.
What I miss: Sleep! And an ice cold beer. Is that weird? I want one so badly, I can taste it! I am not really a beer drinker, either, but I really want one right now ;)
Symptoms:
-Clumsy!! Chalk it up to preggo brain!
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck!  These are contributing to my sleep issues, since that is mostly when they occur.

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become nearly impossible, ha! Bryan has been so great to help me with my socks in the mornings :)

Braxton Hicks Contractions: I am still having these all the time, but I also feel some real ones mixed in there every once in a while :)
Indigestion/Reflux! All. Day. Long! I keep Tums with me all the time...sometimes it helps, but usually, it doesn't.

Shortness of breath-- Because Baby M is so high, I always feel out of breath. I find it hard to catch my breath, and I can never inhale quite enough. I am ready for Peanut to drop so I can breathe again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...