Saturday, February 4, 2012

32 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: Thirty-two weeks!




Total Weight Gain/Loss: +15 pounds
 
 
Size of baby:
Baby M weighs about 3.7 pounds, and is around 16.7 inches long.

Fetal Development:
"By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama--does anyone know what that is??) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth." -babycenter.com
"Your baby's the size of a squash!  She's getting ready for her descent -- she's likely in the head-down position now.  And she's probably feeling a even more cramped." -thebump.com
Movement: Baby M gets hiccups all. the. time!  It annoys me a little at three in the morning, but other than that, it is pretty cute :)
I am starting to feel the hiccups pretty low.  Hopefully, that means Peanut is in the head-down position, ha!
Heartbeat: 147
Gender: We don't know!

Cravings: Chocolate milk!  I can't start my day without it, lately!
MaternityClothes: I am still wearing both regular and maternity tops, but I have retired my regular jeans, finally!

Sleep: I haven't been sleeping much lately.  I don't think the alarm has woken me up once in the last week-and-a-half.  Sometimes I wake up as early as two, but sometimes I am able to sleep until four.  I don't know why...I am not really uncomfortable or anything, I just can't sleep.
What I miss: Sleep!
Symptoms:
-Clumsy!! Boy, am I clumsy! I drop everything, I trip over my own feet, and I knock over any glass in my reach. Sheesh! I ran into a tent pole at Academy the other night, and at Subway, I turned to leave the register and ran into the post that makes the line...Oy. I was like this with Gannon, too, but had no sense of recovery. This time, I am able to save at least most of my spills.
Leg and foot cramps! Yuck!

Missing Feet-- I am having more trouble every day reaching my feet! Putting on my socks and shoes has become a real chore, ha!

Braxton Hicks Contractions: I never really had these with the first two, but I have them all the time with this one.
Indigestion! All. Day. Long! I keep Tums with me all the time...sometimes it helps, but usually, it doesn't.

Shortness of breath-- Because Baby M is so high, I always feel out of breath. I find it hard to catch my breath, and I can never inhale quite enough. I am ready for Peanut to drop so I can breathe again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...