Friday, April 1, 2011

The Great Piggy Massacre

The Great Piggy Massacre of 2011

You might be wondering, "What exactly is a 'Piggy Massacre'?"  For those of you who know my children well, you may be thinking, "Oh no!  I hope it's not what I think it is!"  Well, if you have an idea, you are probably right. 

I'll start by saying that my Austyn-Baby adores piggies.  Loves them with all of her tiny little heart.  She loves them so much, that at every gift-giving opportunity, at least one person gives her a piggy-bank.  She has had a great collection.  There are even a few more that aren't pictured below.


Gannon, always trying to help, likes to take the piggies off the shelf so they can play with them.  Despite the repeated warnings that climbing up there was dangerous, and that the piggies were glass, he just had to get those piggies down for his sister.  Here is the outcome:

The Destruction



The Victims



Bryan tried to save this one... But to no avail.

 
The Culprit
If you look closely, you can still see a tinge of blood under his right nostril.  It barely bled at all.  I am pretty sure his tears were more out of fear than pain.  I think he'll be just fine.



The survivors
In the aftermath, there were four deaths, one serious injury, and other mild injuries.  Four of her large ceramic piggies had to be laid to rest.  One is undergoing super-glue treatments and the prognosis is still unclear.  Her two plastic piggies and tiny ceramic piggy managed to escape the terrible ordeal. 


I think it is safe to say that Gannon will no longer be climbing on that armoire :)

2 comments:

  1. OH EM GEE! My 12 yr old and I were ROFL...I have 4 children, so I get it!
    BTW~ visiting via PINterest Wed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! There is really never a dull moment!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...