Tuesday, September 27, 2011

13 Weeks--End of the First Trimester!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: Thirteen Weeks--I am officially starting my second trimester!  Woo hoo!
First, I want to apologize for not having a belly picture to post this week.  I am totally bummed about it.  I was out of town when I actually turned 13 weeks, and Bryan left town when I returned home.  I tried to snap a few selfies, but yuck!  I am no good at those.  This one will have to do for this week.

Size of baby: Baby M is almost 3 inches, or about the size of a peach.


Movement: I went to the doctor the other day, and when she pressed the Doppler onto my belly, I swear I felt something push back against her.  Every now and then, I think I might feel something, but definitely nothing consistent, yet.

Heartbeat: 167 bpm


 Fetal Development:
“Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords… savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby’s tummy. (Much more convenient.)” – thebump.com
“Fingerprints have formed on your baby’s tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you’re having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.” -babycenter.com


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am holding steady at six pounds lost.


Maternity Clothes: I am wearing some maternity jeans and shorts and some regular (some with the BellaBand and some without).  Some of my regular tops are still fitting, but others have been packed away.  I am also wearing a lot of dresses.


Gender: We are not going to find out! I am so excited about this!  Although this is going to make for a long pregnancy, I get more excited about this every day.


Gut feeling:  I really feel in my heart that it is a boy.  I can't really explain it.  Funny though, when I dream, I dream about girls.  Same thing happened when we were expecting Gannon.


Sleep: I am actually still sleeping pretty well.  I think the only reason I wasn't before was because I was so nauseated all the time.


What I miss: Honestly, I miss drinking a beer on the porch in the afternoon. Especially with the weather being so nice!



Cravings: Pickles, pickles, and more pickles.  Claussen pickles!  I know, I know...how cliche', but they are absolutely fabulous!!  They are like a drink and a snack all in one :)



Aversions: Still nothing specific. I guess maybe I am in the clear?  I probably just jinxed myself!

Symptoms: I still can't eat breakfast, because I am too sick in the morning.  But it is pretty much limited to the mornings, now!  Yay!
I am also still pretty tired, but as long as I take a nap, I feel fine all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...