Tuesday, September 13, 2011

11 Weeks...and Growing

So, this week......



Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: Eleven Weeks


Size of baby: Baby M is right at two inches, or about the size of a lime.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I mentioned before that I was in an up-swing, but it didn't last.  A very nasty stomach virus ripped through our house (and our tummies) this week.  I had gained a pound back, but with the virus, I lost two.  So my total is at six pounds lost.
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my normal clothes but they are getting tight. I have a feeling I'm going to live in dresses, tunics and leggings this pregnancy!
**I know I have said this before, and this is the longest this stage has lasted for me.  Once clothes got tight with the first two, that was pretty much it...into maternity clothes I went!  But this time, my regular clothes are just staying tight.   

Gender: We are not going to find out! I am so excited about this!  Although this is going to make for a long pregnancy, I get more excited about this every day.
Gut feeling:  I really feel in my heart that it is a boy.  I can't really explain it.  Funny though, when I dream, I dream about girls.  Same thing happened when we were expecting Gannon.



Movement: Okay, I swear I feel something!!  Am I crazy?  It is soooo early, but I really think I have felt something not once, but twice!  It feels like someone tracing their finger on the inside of my tummy.  Who knows, maybe I feel this one early because it's number three.  Maybe, it is because I am losing weight this time (that has never happened to me before).  Or maybe, just maybe, I am crazy.  Just say it...I know you are thinking it ;)




Sleep: My energy (and appetite) seem to be slowly coming back to me!  I am really feeling great!




What I miss: Honestly, I miss drinking a beer on the porch in the afternoon. Especially with the weather being so nice!




Cravings: Pickles, pickles, and more pickles.  Claussen pickles!  I know, I know...how cliche', but they are absolutely fabulous!!  They are like a drink and a snack all in one :)




Aversions: Still nothing specific. I am not a huge fan of Italian right now, though.



Symptoms: I am still getting light-headed pretty often.  Saturday, we went to Dallas for College Game Day (GEAUX TIGERS!), and more than once, when I stood to cheer, I had to sit almost just as fast.  On the bright side, I am finally able to eat two meals almost every day...some days I even get three!  Hallelujah!



Similarities and Differences from Previous Pregnancies:


Gannon: This little one has a high heart rate like Gannon did. I am also craving salty foods. With Gannon, I couldn't get enough steak. While I am not craving steak, specifically, the salty foods are what this one prefers as well.
*From the minute I found out I was pregnant, I knew he was a boy.  I never wavered.  However, throughout the pregnancy, I dreamed about baby girls.


When I was pregnant for Gannon, I could not eat anything Mexican, and I couldn't drink milk. I also couldn't eat supper.


Austyn: Not much is similar...Austyn's heart rate was lower, in the 140s. I ate a batch of chocolate chip cookies almost every day (by myself) during her pregnancy. I haven't touched a cookie so far with this one.


With both Gannon and Austyn, I craved oranges and orange juice. This time, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...