Sunday, January 16, 2011

Gingerbread House Extravaganza

I realize I am late in posting our Christmas photos, however, I left my memory card in Lake Charles, boo.  But since my parents came to Longview this weekend, I am able to finally update!

While in Lake Charles, we met up with our old neighbors and great friends, Josh and Renee.  We decided to let the kiddos decorate gingerbread houses (or as Austyn says, Christmas bread houses).  They were a huge hit!  The two little ones ate more than they decorated, and that was just fine with them.

We didn't bother buying the kit because we wanted to choose all the different candies.  We just used graham crackers , and we made Royal icing for the glue.  It worked great.  We were even able to use them for our centerpieces for Christmas breakfast!

Here are a few pictures from the evening:




 The candy!


Little Thomas, "decorating" his house. 



 The snowman chimney




A finished house


Masterpieces!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...